I listen. I care. I fight. I get things done.
- When the federal government ordered the destruction of 1,200 homes at the Lake of the Ozarks, I led efforts in Congress to stop them. And after a relentless fight, the feds backed down and the homes of over a thousand Missouri families were saved.
- After record rainfall and flooding in my district, and the disastrous failure of the FEMA to provide timely assistance to Missourians, my bill was signed into law by President Trump, to reform the way that agency responds to disasters. As a result, people, all across America, receive more effective help in their time of need.
- When a retired police officer attended his granddaughter’s school music program in a rural part of Missouri, he realized it would take 45 minutes for the closest law enforcement to respond in the case of emergency. He offered to volunteer to stand guard at future events but was told a federal law forbid this commonsense solution. So, I introduced and the House passed the Police Officers Protecting Children Act so that when approved by local schools authorities, a trained law enforcement officer would be able to serve as an armed guard to protect our kids.
- After starting a “Missouri Drug Free Initiative” in my district to address the drug crisis that is devastating our families and traveling to the southern border where I learned drug cartels were using drones to smuggle drugs into our country and our border agents didn’t have the authority to take them down due to outdated laws, I introduced and passed legislation giving them that authority to stop the flow of drugs into our community.
- When two of America’s most trusted weapons to defend our freedoms were threatened with cuts, I led the fight supporting the military’s investment in F-15 and F-18 fighter jets. Now our warfighters have the most modern equipment, and since they are built in St. Louis, we created thousands of high skill, high paying jobs in Missouri.
- After visiting with people in our area, I took action to address the need for more rural broadband which is impacting students’ education, denying seniors access to tele-health, and stifling job creation in rural communities. I passed legislation expanding access to rural broadband and ensuring internet speeds will be adequate not just for now, but also into the future.
- When COVID shut down meatpacking plants, farmers were faced with euthanizing their herds. I worked with federal agencies and the packing plants to safely reopen to save worker’s jobs, save farmer’s livelihoods, and save consumers money at the grocery store.
- When Trinity Lutheran Church in Columbia was discriminated against, I led an Amicus Brief to the Supreme Court on their behalf. The Court upheld the Constitution, and provided a huge victory for religious freedom that is impacting other cases in a positive way.
- After a Missouri soldier was killed in Afghanistan and his mom did not receive the full death benefit, I introduced and passed legislation to fix this. Now every Gold Star family automatically receives the benefits they deserve.
- Believing that all life is valuable, and knowing that life begins at conception, I am leading efforts in Congress to defund Planned Parenthood - America’s number one killer of unborn children. They don’t deserve a dime of our tax dollars.
- As a member senior member of the Armed Services Committee and long before the pandemic, I co-led legislation to bring medicine production back to America and passed legislation stopping the sale of Chinese video surveillance equipment to the U.S. government.
- And, I’m the only candidate in this race who’s been sanctioned by the Chinese Communist Party. Why? Because I’m exposing their deplorable human rights abuses among the Uyghur Muslims and persecution of Christians.